Greetings Alden Family!
In light of recently updated precautions for the COVID-19 Coronavirus, Alden has made various changes to ensure we are adhering to the direction of our leading health and government authorities. Effective immediately, NO church activities, gatherings, auxiliary ministries, including Sunday Service, Tuesday Night Bible Service or Alden Friday Night will be held at Alden until further notice. The facility is closed.
As our community implements “social distancing” we want to ensure that our Alden family remains connected. To remain connected, Alden will utilize various technological resources to assist in our connectivity such as:
- Sunday Worship – An abbreviated Sunday service/message will be available online through Alden’s Facebook page. Logon to Facebook and search for Alden Baptist Church Springfield and connect with us. Click here to connect directly.
For those that do not have Facebook, please join us on Alden’s conference line by dialing 978-990-5000 and entering the pin 678953.
- Tuesday Night Bible Study – Our weekly Tuesday night bible study will occur online through Zoom. “Zoom will provide an opportunity for remote communication services that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.” Please visit https://zoom.us/ for additional information about how to complete your registration. Using Zoom is free when you sign-up for a basic account.
- Prayer – Now more than ever, prayer is needed for our nation and the world. We believe the scripture that declares “the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16b [NIV]). Please join us for corporate prayer on Alden’s prayer conference line on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursdays by dialing 978-990-5000 and entering the pin 678953.
o Sundays - 7pm
o Tuesdays - 7pm
o Thursdays - 7pm
- One Call Now – Automated calls, text messages, and emails through our phone management system. One Call Now will be the primary method for communicating with the Alden family. Please ensure that we have correct/updated phone number(s) and email for you. If you have not been receiving the calls, please contact the church office at 413-736-5997 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information. Please answer and listen to the entire automated message to remain informed about happenings around Alden.
- Stewardship & Giving – To remain faithful in our stewardship of our facilities and financial obligations, we ask that you prayerfully consider either mailing your financial contributions directly to the church (649 State Street, Springfield, MA 01109) or making your gift online through this secure website. At the top of this web page, you can make your secure online gift now by selecting the Give Now button. You must use a debit or credit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo.
Our highest priority continues to be the holistic spiritual and physical health and safety of our beloved congregation and community. Please know Alden’s leadership continues to be in close communication with local health and government authorities as we continue to monitor ongoing developments.
Our promise is to remain engaged with you and be a source of encouragement for you. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact the church if/when needed.
During this time of uncertanty, let us remember to R.E.S.T. on The Promises of God. We Love You & There Is Nothing You Can Do About It!